|About Dr. Ming Wang|
|Harvard & MIT
(MD, magna cum laude);
PhD (laser physics)
- Harvard & MIT (MD, magna cum laude); PhD (laser physics)
- Over 55,000 LASIK and cataract procedures (including on over 4,000 doctors)
- The FIRST center in TN to offer laser cataract surgery
- Introduced bladeless all-laser LASIK to the state
- Implanted the state's first Forever Young lens
- The first surgeon in the US to perform a new Intacs surgery to treat keratoconus
- Helped patients from 40 states and 55 countries
- International referral center for cataract surgery and LASIK complications
- Read Dr. Wang's book: LASIK Vision Correction
Why did you decide to have LASIK? Why did you choose Dr. Wang? How has your life changed since your LASIK procedure? What is your advice for people considering LASIK? - Click to see more
|Article Library||Print This Page|
Wang Vision 3D Cataract and LASIK Center, Nashville, Tennessee
Dr. Ming Wang, clinical professor of ophthalmology at the University of Tennessee and director of the Wang Vision 3D Cataract and LASIK Center, says he is scheduled to perform the first bladeless LASIK surgery in China on Sunday.
Wang is a co-president of the three-day Shanghai International Eye Conference and is a native of China.
He says the event will educate and train ophthalmologists from around the world.
He adds that his live demonstration will allow him to share medical knowledge and improve patient care on a large scale.
"Three years ago, I had the wonderful chance of introducing this state-of-the-art bladeless LASIK procedure to Tennessee, but the scale was a bit more limited, i.e., we were the first in our state with 5 million people," he said in a prepared statement. "This time, it will be in a much larger scale, namely, the first in 1.3 billion people, amazing."
Dr Wang's new texbooks
A 501c(3) charity that has helped patients from over 40 states in the US and 55 countries, with all sight restoration surgeries performed free-of-charge.