|About Dr. Ming Wang|
|Harvard & MIT
(MD, magna cum laude);
PhD (laser physics)
- Harvard & MIT (MD, magna cum laude); PhD (laser physics)
- Over 55,000 LASIK and cataract procedures (including on over 4,000 doctors)
- The FIRST center in TN to offer laser cataract surgery
- Introduced bladeless all-laser LASIK to the state
- Implanted the state's first Forever Young lens
- The first surgeon in the US to perform a new Intacs surgery to treat keratoconus
- Helped patients from 40 states and 55 countries
- International referral center for cataract surgery and LASIK complications
- Read Dr. Wang's book: LASIK Vision Correction
Why did you decide to have LASIK? Why did you choose Dr. Wang? How has your life changed since your LASIK procedure? What is your advice for people considering LASIK? - Click to see more
|Home||Print This Page|
Phototherapeutic Keratectomy (PTK)
Wang Vision 3D Cataract and LASIK Center, Nashville, Tennessee
|To read about Margarette, a 10-yo orphan from Haiti, who became a patient of the 501c(3) charity Wang Foundation for Sight Restoration, and underwent PTK by Dr. Wang and (who performed the procedure free of charge) and had her sight restored, click here...|
|To read about Anna Post, the world's first patient who has a rare genetic disorder and corneal opacity who underwent PTK by Dr. Wang and had her sight restored, click here...|
Phototherapeutic Keratectomy, or PTK, is a treatment for corneal scarring, recurrent corneal erosions and corneal dystrophies. It is similar to PRK but there is no refractive correction.
Your vision may become blurry if you have scar tissue or an irregular corneal surface affecting your eye. These irregularities may be uncomfortable as well. This scar tissue may need to be treated if glasses or contact lenses help vision. It can be improved, or in some cases removed, using an excimer laser. This is a medical procedure for which you may be elegible for reimbursement.
If you are experiencing discomfort or blurred vision due to corneal scarring, you may want to consider PTK or PRK. Call (615)321-8881 or email our Nashville , Tennessee office to learn more or to schedule a consultation.
Dr Wang's new texbooks
A 501c(3) charity that has helped patients from over 40 states in the US and 55 countries, with all sight restoration surgeries performed free-of-charge.