|About Dr. Ming Wang|
|Harvard & MIT
(MD, magna cum laude);
PhD (laser physics)
- Harvard & MIT (MD, magna cum laude); PhD (laser physics)
- Over 55,000 LASIK and cataract procedures (including on over 4,000 doctors)
- The FIRST center in TN to offer laser cataract surgery
- Introduced bladeless all-laser LASIK to the state
- Implanted the state's first Forever Young lens
- The first surgeon in the US to perform a new Intacs surgery to treat keratoconus
- Helped patients from 40 states and 55 countries
- International referral center for cataract surgery and LASIK complications
- Read Dr. Wang's book: LASIK Vision Correction
Why did you decide to have LASIK? Why did you choose Dr. Wang? How has your life changed since your LASIK procedure? What is your advice for people considering LASIK? - Click to see more
|Home||Print This Page|
Implantable Contact Lens (Visian Lens)
Wang Vision 3D Cataract and LASIK Center, Nashville, Tennessee
Patients with large amount of nearsightedness who were told they could not have LASIK may now be helped with an Implantable contact lens.
|"The world’s first Implantable Contact Lens procedure using the new smart eye surgery technology" - Dr. Ming Wang became the first surgeon in the world to use a new intraopeartive wavefront smart eye surgery technology for implantable contact lens surgery.|
|To read the breaking news story of Dr. Wang's introduction of ICL procedure to the state, click here|
|Dr. Wang performed the first ICL procedure in the state to treat high myopia, click here|
What Is Visian Implantable Contact Lens (ICL)? What is the bioptic procedure?
Dr. Wang is the first surgeon in the state to perform the Visian implantable contact lens (ICL) surgery while it was under investigation. ICL is a new technique that inserts an implant inside the eye, in front of the natural crystalline lens, to treat high range of refractive error. This exciting new procedure, which is similar to cataract surgery in technique. It utilizes a new lens gently placed inside the eye while leaving the natural lens untouched. This preserves the focusing mechanism of the eye in younger patients.
The Visian ICL implantation is performed in two steps:
- A small opening is created in the iris of the eye to prevent problems with eye pressure after the lens in implanted. No one can see the opening, and this procedure is done with a laser at our center.
- The Visian ICL is implanted. This procedure is done at a hospital rather than at our center, and requires the eyes be operated on different days. You will need eye drop medications similar to those used for LASIK to prevent infection and inflammation after surgery.
Most patients are satisfied with the visual results of this procedure. Higher refractive errors or patients with astigmatism may be require a BIOPTIC procedure, a "fine tuning" with Bladeless Intralase LASIK following the ICL implantation (now that the refractive error is 10% of the original prescription!) Dr. Wang was the first in the state to perform Bladeless Intralase LASIK.
If you're interested in learning more about the Visian ICL, call (615)321-8881 or email Wang Vision 3D Cataract and LASIK Center today.
Dr Wang's new texbooks
A 501c(3) charity that has helped patients from over 40 states in the US and 55 countries, with all sight restoration surgeries performed free-of-charge.